Building Structure Features
- Location allows you to walk to local shops and restaurants, short drive and easy access to all local freeways and the Bay Bridge
- Mass Transit is just a few steps from the door reducing vehicle emissions, BART (13 min walk), AC transit (3 min walk) and the Emery Go Round bus system (stop just outside the complex!)
- 95% of the demolition waste from construction process was recycled, surpassing Oakland’s legal requirements by 45% **
- Convenient underground parking for 84 vehicles, 4 charging stations for electric vehicles and 46 bicycles
- Our Community Design - The majority of the units have access to natural lighting and the cross-ventilation of refreshing bay breezes, with nearly a third of them providing windows on three sides, helping to bring down heating and air conditioning costs**
- The steel superstructure and interior framing contains 25-90% post-consumer recycled content creating a more durable, earthquake-resistant, fire-resistant, rot-resistant, mold-resistant, and pest-resistant building **
- The standing seam metal roofing offers a long life span. A special coating reflects heat, keeping the building, as well as the neighborhood, cooler in the summer.
- Up to 25% of our concrete foundation's cement is fly ash, a recycled material from coal power plant smokestacks. This improves the quality of the concrete and reduces the need to manufacture more cement.
- Water efficient technologies collect rain water runoff for landscape irrigation
- Healthy cabinets built with a wheat straw-based, medium density fiberboard that uses a recycled material and non-formaldehyde glues **
- No-VOC paints used for all walls and ceilings to reduce chemical off gassing.
- Windows were designed to provide an abundance of natural lighting.
- Radiant floor heating that provides occupants unparalleled comfort, warmth and draft-free heat throughout each unit **
- Environmentally friendly flooring options such as natural carpet, bamboo, cork, linoleum and FSC-certified wood **
- Sustainably harvested, Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)-certified interior doors to ensure the longevity of our world’s remaining ancient forests **
- Home recycling systems installed in kitchen cabinets of most units along with the central community location
- Homes are Energy Star-qualified and 15% more energy efficient than required by California's already strict energy code. The following Energy Star appliances are included with each home: Stove, Microwave, and Dishwasher.
- Patios, balconies, stoops and courtyards allow residents to take advantage of the area’s mild weather, creating a perfect environment to sit back and enjoy life and visit with neighbors
- Within walking distance to shopping, dining and entertainment-along San Pablo Ave., also take a free shuttle ride to the new Bay Street mall and BART
** Indicates the GreenCity Lofts is unique in offering these items in comparison to other projects in the area